Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What I haven't been showing you

this is a MySpace type photo sans visage

Remember the other day when I said I made a necklace out of a vintage chandelier crystal? Well, I wore it out and about, and I absolutely adore the way it looks. Unfortunately, I can't seem to take a decent picture of it to save my life. This one is very nearly NSFW, and it's the only one that seems to capture how I think it looks and feels to me. C'est la vie.


And then there was Saturday. It has been November with a vengeance here, and somehow last winter, I managed to destroy more or less every pair of tights I owned. I am left with four pairs of black fishnets, very warm and slightly itchy merino wool sweater tights, and a pair of hot fuchsia Betsey Johnson stockings that go with NOTHING. I tried to find a pair of warm tights here in town, but there was NOTHING. Spanx, and leggings, and all of them nearly $30... It made me long for an Urban Outfitters, even if that store is run by the Devil and staffed by his brainless minions. Even though I was wearing the softest bits I own, even though I was wearing cashmere knee-highs, even though I was sporting a cloche hand-crocheted out of Scandinavian wool, I was shivery and felt damp all day.

i'm scowling because i need hot cocoa

On Sunday I wore a variation on my cabaret Amelie ensemble except with a royal purple cardigan, an opal glass pendant, and a bright pink rose in my hair. I neglected to take a picture, of course.

I am currently obsessed with mustard/saffron/marigold colorways, and I am trying to scheme a way to add more of it into my life. I love this vintage skirt:

click the image to go to the etsy listing!

And I want a reason to wear this dress:Last year Tulle had a lovely, snuggly mustard colored zippered cardigan that I regret not buying now. Now I am watching for it on eBay.

Since it was a work day, and I woke up even earlier than necessary, I wore a boring t-shirt and jeans today. Well, as boring as my t-shirts and jeans ever are - today was my hand silkscreened Sugar Shakers tee and the skinniest pair of jeans I own, with deep, Levi-E style cuffs on them, because I am rockabilly like that. Until next time, my dumplings!


No comments:

Post a Comment